Day 18 of the Ultra Blog Challenge
As I mentioned in Saturday's Post it’s vegetarian week form today Monday 18th until Sunday 24th May 2015
For those of you who prefer to cook vegetarian food at home please checkoutout their recipes on the following blogs
Today’s vegetarian recipe is for quick and easy Garbanzo beans (chick peas) curry
- 1 can of Garbanzo beans (Chick peas)
- ½ a can of chopped tomatoes (or pasatta)
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp dry cumin
- 2 small pieces of whole Cinnamon
- 3 small whole cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 fresh green chillies (optional)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute
- I onion
- 5-6 fresh Curry leaves (optional)
1. Open the can of the Garbonzo beans into a strainer and rinse them well until cold water.
2. Lightly warm the cumin in a wok or saucepan until you get the lovely cumin fragrance. Add the oil to this, add the cloves and cinnamon and allow the cumin to cook until it looks dark. Add in the onions and cook until they soften. Add in the curry leaves.
3. Add the chick peas and the spices such as salt, chili powder, turmeric, garlic and allow this to cook for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes soften. (You can add the green chillies now if you are using them)
4. Blend the tinned tomatoes, lemon juice and brown sugar and add to the curry and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the Garbanzo bean curry to a serving dish and garnish it with come coriander.
6. We served it with puris which are small fried pluffy Indian bread.
Are you celebrating the vegetarian week?