Thursday, 14 May 2015

Have you ever overslept for work?

"Early to bed, Early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise."




Day 14 of the Ultra Blog Challenge 


Surprisingly, I never oversleep and it's probably because I am a mum who is also an Insomniac. I have to do so many chores before I leave for work. I set my alarm for 6 am and get up as soon as it rings.

If you ever over sleep here's what you should do:

1.  Phone or text your line manager and tell him that you are running and will be there shortly.  Get ready as soon as you can and set off for work. If you are driving do not speed as you don't want to kill yourself or anyone else.

2.  If you are able to work from home, ask permission to work from home which means that you can start work a lot quicker. 

3. Once  you  get to work, offer to make up the lost time.

4.   Don't ever phone in to say that you are sick as one day you will really be sick and have no sick leave left.   Honesty is the best policy.

5.  If you are cheeky like me take some cookies/doughnuts etc. to share with the colleagues and sweet talk them into forgiving you.

It's good to get into the habit of going to bed early and waking up on time.

So what do you do if you over sleep.   

2 comments:

  1. I have not overslept for years, nor has my spouse. We both have more or less steady start times and have had our jobs for years. I think your body becomes adjusted. I usually wake up several minutes ahead of my alarm clock. (Watch me oversleep tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments