Friday, 6 February 2015

Pizza Review and how to tart up a store bought Pizza




As you start your weekend, I thought I would share this cheat recipe with you.   The other day I was working late and my hubby text me to ask if I would like pizza for dinner.  I liked the idea and asked him to order from the local Domino's so that I could pick them up on the way home.  This was on a day when Domino did not have their 2 for 1 offer. Their veggie volcano costs
£16.99 for a large pizza.  By the time you add the the extras for the garlic bread and drinks etc- It costs as much as eating in a restaurant.

Lately,  I tend to buy a good make of a simple cheese pizza and then cook it by adding my own toppings and spices.   The addition of the extra toppings, herbs and spices really does make the pizza unique and tasty.  This week we bought Panebello Pizza from Waitrose at £2.00 each.



The pizza was thick sliced with plenty of topping of cheese and small pieces of tomatoes.  Everyone picked the toppings they liked.  I topped mine with onions, yellow and red peppers, hot green chilies and sprinkled some oregano, basil, chili powder, black pepper and a tiny bit of olive oil over the vegetables.




I cooked the pizzas as per the instructions on the package and enjoyed them hot with a nice glass of diet coke.   The pizza was a little too thick for my husband who prefers a thin crust but I enjoyed the pizza and had the left overs for my lunch. 




Check out my recipe for Home made Pizzas .   They are the best but this trick of tarting up shop bought ready to cook pizza is good when you come home from work. A delicious Pizza at half the cost.

Watch out for my post on my son making home made pizzas for us.

Please note that the mention of this Pizza and any views about it are my own and I didnot get paid for it. 

21 comments:

  1. Such a good idea, especially as take away pizzas can be very expensive unless you get them on offer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculous how much take-away pizza costs these days!! This is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer home made pizzas .. the store bought ones come in handy sometimes when you are short of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great way to add extra toppings to a shop bought pizza

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always jazz up our store bought pizzas, much cheaper than getting a pizza delivery

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks to be a good idea. We can atleast be assured of the fresh veggies as per our taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't buy takeaway pizza or shop bought ones. My lads only like the home made ones. I have created a rod for my own back

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea. Another easy option is to buy ready made pizza bases, mozzarella, pasta and whatever toppings you like and to make up pizzas that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, I've never thought to do that but it's strikingly obvious now you point it out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Home made pizza is the best. And if you don't have the skills to make a nice enough dough than a shop bought one and top it up is the best! I like your toppings

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love making our own and I do the dough in my breadmaker

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have thought to do that, but what a simple and clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I often buy these pizzas too and top them with extra peppers and pepperoni or ham. They are great as a stand by in your freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had a takeaway pizza. I didn't realise they cost much! I like to keep a couple of homemade bases in the freezer and we top them with what we like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to add your own toppings to pimp up a pizza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a good idea! This has made me hungry now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea, I have a plain eater here who prefers the cheese and tomato pizza anyway for for the rest of us, we will try adding our own favourite ingredients.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. We do this all the time and it saves loads of money in the long run. The other good thing is the fact that my wife likes her pizza plain... so rather than have to buy 2, I just put the toppings on one half only before cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love dressing up store bough pizza's its fun and so much cheaper :D This one looks ridiculously yummy!
    Thanks for sharing hun
    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea! We sometimes buy plain pizzas and add our own toppings :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love doing this too, we usually add more cheese though ha! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments