Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Lizi's Granola Review





Most mornings my breakfast is a quick cereal.   I try and pick the less sugary ones like shredded wheat ot Weetabix  but this week I picked up Lizi's granola.  I hadn't noticed it in the shelves before but  it was on Special offer and when I saw that it had passion fruit and cashews and also said that this cereal had a low GI (Glycaemic Index)  - I couldn't resist it.   There is quite an impressive write up at the back about how Lizi Shaw came up with the recipe but that was not the reason for purchasing the cereal.  Although the list of ingredients looked impressive, my heart told me they weren't very healthy!!

I liked the look, feel and smell of the cereal.


I had it with cold organic milk.  At first the cereal did have a strange taste which I realised was the taste of the passion fruit and other fruit concentrates used.  It almost tasted a bit like sour milk.


I got used to the taste by the third day and  finished the cereal but this cereal isn't going to be regular in our home.  It didn't have the luxury feel that I like to have in my cereals.  I would have liked to see more nuts in the cereal rather than to imagine them in my cereal.  I wasn't too keen on the fruit concentrate either.  I am not sure if children would like this cereal.

Please note that the review of this cereal and any views about it are my own and I did not get paid for it.   This review is for information for my friends and family .

What cereals do you like?




26 comments:

  1. My daughter's love granola, but I prefer porridge in the mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will have to give this a try. I am not a sweet breakfast cereal fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge cereal fan. My ideal breakfast would be kippers or salmon and scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like eggs and bacon for breakfast but my daughters love granola :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love granola and have recently taken up eating granola bars; they're uber-convenient!Those pouches look like they'd be great for an on-the-go quick meal anywhere/anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im not the worlds biggest fan of breakfast unless it is a full English ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore granola, but i had never heard of this before now .. it does sound lush

    ReplyDelete
  8. What was the sugar content like? I did the sugar swaps and am trying to stick to wheat biscuits and porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually eat porridge most mornings

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i would love this , i cant actually eat cereals on a morning so granola is my only option owell that or toast, cereal seriously makes me feel physically sick , I love granola and lately im loving a tropical one will take alook at this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love granola but i do tend to layer on the sugar on top haha, it's a shame you wasn't too keen it.
    www.laurajanestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea either! I'm a big fan of the Jordans cereals - especially the Country Crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think my husband would enjoy this

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like granola but am fairly picky with the flavours I like so probably wouldn't enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame about the sour taste - I do like passionfruit though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a new convert to granola - love it with yoghurt and fresh berries

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good granola with fresh fruit. and yogurt. Makes for a quick delicious breakfast.

    Thank you for tossing your hat into the ring at the Party Under The Big Top! We hope to see you again next week! #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a very real addiction to granola and tend to eat it twice a day. This is a good brand. I was amazed to see the photo though... I eat it so much but have never had it with milk. I use yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just started liking granola.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the sound of this but I am obsessed with my Coco pops porridge x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love having fruit or yogurt or all-natural shakes for breakfast. Once in a while I like a protein breakfast (bacon and eggs, etc.)

    Thanks for sharing!!!


    -Anastasia Ivy

    http://ivyoverjoyed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love granola! Although i do prefer the homemade one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love granola! that looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments