Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Chips or Maru Bhajia Survey



Welcome to Tea and Catch up.  You may be confused as to why I am writing here as well at http://www.givemesomespice.com.  Well let me explain. I had started this sister blog - Tea and catch up a few years ago but never managed to keep it going.   Today I decided to resurrect this blog and use it to write about anything one can talk over a Cup of Tea.

The other day I asked a question on my Facebook whether they would prefer  Chips or Maru bhajia ? Maru bhajias are potato fritters made by dipping them in flour and spices.   Both these recipes  are in my sister blog.  My reason was asking the question on social media was to get some discussion going about the two dishes.  Of all the comments received - the majority of the people said they would choose Maru bhajias and so would I as they are resistible.   These bhajias remind me of my childhood when my dad used to make these hot and all of us used to eat them dipped in tomato sauce.   The recipe for the crispy bhajias called Maru bhajia is here

So here's the pictures of the bhajias  I made:



This is the chickflour with all the spices and coriander and sliced chillies ready to add to the sliced potatoes

Potatoes coated with chickflour, corn flour and rice flour and spices ready for deep frying 

Deep frying in sunflower oul

Served hot with love
These bhajias are a regular snack in our home.   We often use other vegetables such as Onions, aubergines, peppers to dip into a chick pea batter and make bhajias.

Do you have a favourite bhajia or pakora recipe you often make to have with a cup of tea? Do share. 

28 comments:

  1. They look really tasty and a great alternative carbohydrate to your mealtimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tasty idea that I haven't heard of before, I shall have to try this out on my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum they look delicious! Great that you can use different vegetables in them too. Oh, I'm so hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried them to be honest I am really not good at experimenting with food and stick to lots of plain boring recipes to please a fussy family. I would love to try them though so might get round to it one day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab recipe, mmmm I could eat it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, they do look yummy. A great alternative, thanks so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to make a lot of dishes with maru when we were living in Nigeria.. Here I have never come across this vegetable. Bhajias look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for moonsoon. Love it anytime

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so tasty!
    I might actually try and make some at the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look fantastic! I have to admit that we normally buy bhajis and pakoras rather than making them, but I'm inspired to give these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm...looks yummy! I haven't heard of them and now I have and definitely going to have a try. Thanks so much for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a big fan of chips, but these look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh something new for sure , I will actually give these a try x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love chips but these sound delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new space Mina. The bhajiyas look lovely and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of Maru Bhajia, but they look really yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love reading about all these different foods I'd never normally get to try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look really tasty but I haven't had chips for so long with being on a diet that I'd have to choose the chips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the name of your blog!
    These look so yummy! ... Love reading food blog post - end up feeling hungry though HAHA

    Thanks for sharing lovely
    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look so tasty! You're making me hungry and I've only just had breakfast! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look delicious. I love Indian food. My mum makes some amazing pakoras with a dip from a recipe her Indian next door neighbour gave her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your recipes are always amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Damn! this is another combination i am not allowed in my diet :( bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look delicious, never attempted to make my own

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm rubbish in the kitchen so haven't made anything like this. They look yummy though

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never tried these but they look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I like the look of these and nice and quick so perfect for a snack as well

    ReplyDelete
  28. these look SO good1 I must try them! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments