Thursday, 5 February 2015

A Rare Snow Day


We haven't had snow in my Region for the last couple of years.  The weather mam/women keeps predicting snow and it always misses our Region.  I got very excited when I woke up to a small covering of snow this Tuesday.  I know it's nothing compared to what my friends around the World have had but it's lovely to see some snow.  Like I said- I like snow but I was worried about getting to work as lately, the Council hasn't been gritting the footpaths and car parks lately and I am afraid of slipping and falling!! How embarrassing would that be!!

Thankfully, the roads were gritted and clear of traffic.

No traffic at the lights.
The car park was empty and not gritted either.  I managed to park in a spot which would be easy to get out of on my return. The walk to the station was a bit slippery but thankfully, a colleague was also walking to the station and his company kept my mind of the slippery footpath. As usual, the trains were delayed due to the bad weather but I didn't mind as I could wait in the warm waiting room, enjoy the view and read my free paper.

I took some pictures from the platform to kill the time.  I love watching trains especially the long freight trains carrying loads from the Sea Port.





Once off the train, the walk to work was very pretty and pleasant.  A covering of snow always makes everything look pretty.   I love the feel of the cold on my face and love my  quiet  walk to work passing some amazing houses. There wasn't enough snow to build a snowman  but I passed quite a few kids having a snow ball fight.  Their laughter and chatter always cheers me up.  The confidence with which they run and skid/skate on the snow and ice makes me wish I too could do that.







After a day at work and a walk in the snow, it's nice to come home to nice cup of masala tea.  Recipe for masala tea is here. 


Do you enjoy going out in the snow?? Do share your snow stories.

21 comments:

  1. im atually a little dissapointed int he snow this year, I either like it t be non existant or kneed high deep and if its not up to my knees then im not interested lol, its no fun when its just icey and slushy , x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been loving the snow, mainly because we rarely get it. My son keeps excitedly waking us up whenever the smallest bit has fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics looked lovely.. nothing better than a cup of masala tea on a rainy / snowy day .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally jealous! We have had NO SNOW WHATSOEVER!! It's a disgrace, I am not happy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I hate going out in the snow! Luckily it hasn't been too bad here xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had snow on Monday and it was the first time my kids had seen it. Three year old Milin loved it and we had a brilliant walk to nursery. He was so excited and kept throwing snow balls at me. 18-month old Jasmin is only just walking and she didn't like it at all! I hope we get more though. Milin really wants to build a snowman! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No snow here, well none that has laid. We love masala tea here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going out in the snow then coming inside for a nice cup of tea. Sadly the snow has been very lacking here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had about the same as you - it has gone now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pictures, unfortunately we haven't had any much to my utter disappointment. Hopefully this weekend we might see some xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The snow here in London has been really disappointing, a slight covering and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading about your day. I like snow if I am at home snuggled up warm and cosy but I hate driving to work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would like your blog, with your train pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE had a very light dusting and thats it, much to my kids disappointment! Lovely pics - snow makes everything look so pretty doesnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to get some snow in London - Hayden would be over the moon. Maybe its because I hate the cold so much so the weather is giving me a break LOL. Love your photos hun.
    Thanks for sharing

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's funny how little amount of snow can paralyze this country :) Although I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't have a real winter for a long time here :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had this rare snow day too... we went for a looong walk and a white photo shoot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We didn't get snow this time and I was actually quite disappointed but we had it all earlier in month. I still love snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We didn't get snow this time and I was actually quite disappointed but we had it all earlier in month. I still love snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We got less than an inch but we still managed to get outsde and enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  21. None here yet and mine are really keen for a snow day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments