Sunday, 27 June 2010

Samosa Chaat



Ever since I saw this and other street food  recipe in Srivalli's blog , I have been craving for it.  I often make somosas but usually just eat them on their own so this was a whole new experience for me.


Ingredients to serve 2-3 people:


10-12 samosas .  My recipe for making  samosas is here.
2 cups sev.    My recipe for making sev is here.  
2 cups Plain yogurt
1/2 cup coriander chutney.  My recipe for chutney is here
1/2 cup tamarind chutney. (I used  ready made Maggie's tamarind sauce)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chilly powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 finely chopped tomato
1 finely chopped onion


Method:

Samosas

1.  Prepare the samosas as per my recipe.


2.  Prepare the coriander chutney as per my recipe.


3.  Prepare the tamarind chutney.  I used ready-made Maggie sauce today.


4.   Prepare the yogurt sauce:  Beat the plain yogurt and add salt, pepper, chilly powder, cumin, coriander powder. (You can also add sugar if you think your yogurt is sharp).  You can add ready made Chaat masala to the yogurt if you do not wish to add all the spices I used. 


5.  Now you are ready for preparing the chaat.   Break two or three samosas in bite size pieces and arrange them in a bowl.


6.  Add the yogurt mixture on top of the samosas.


7.  Pour some coriander chutney and tamarind sauce on top of the yogurt.


8.  Sprinkle the tomato and onion pieces on the mixture.


9.  Finish off with a sprinkling of  sev and enjoy your Samosa chaat.





10.  I also made one portion with some chora fari toppings too!


11.  We really enjoyed this dish and tried it with several variations.


.




9 comments:

  1. Mouth watering.....love this chat.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I love chaat! This looks great. By the way, I had no idea blogs could be on Kindle haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me how much I miss all the chat bhandars in India :( This looks superb, Minaji :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mina, first time here... This looks absolutely mouth watering... It is also one of my all time favorite chaat!!!
    Nice blog, have a great sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting...looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..love to have some.What a chaat yaa.Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so tempting and yummy.

    Thank you for letting me know about the copied picture. This is a constant problem faced which dampers the spirit to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to follow ur space...luv this chaat to the core.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments